Wednesday, March 17, 2004

As I was driving to work this morning, listening to Fox News on my satellite radio--I cannot believe that there was life before satellite radio--, they were covering the massive Hotel explosion in Baghdad. They interviewed a "terrorism" expert from the Investigative Team (or something--the outfit of Steven Emerson, the brilliant fellow who "guessed" that Oklahoma City bombing was the work of Muslim terrorists). Commenting on the explosion from DC (or NY), this fellow said: that the explosion had the fingerprints of Abu Mus`ab Az-Zarqawi all over it. I kid you not. Now car bombs have been used by Arab governments and Israel (in fact, the Zionist Stern Gang in pre-1948 Palestine may have been the first organization to ever use a car bomb) for decades, so why would the car bomb in itself indicate the work of Abu Mus`ab. This is too frustrating: this level of ignorance and stupidity. I am getting a headache: wait, I think my headache has the fingerprints of Abu Mus`ab Az-Zarqawi. Help.